New work in progress

Step two / Étape deux
Here's another one that was in the studio with only the background first glaze completed.  Time to get it done.  It's a full sheet 24'' x 30'' my favorite format. 

This butterfly has a lot of orange tones in his skin so I started with the forward wing and applied  Daniel Smith Indian Yellow, New Gamboge and Q. Sienna.

On the flower I used the wet onto wet technique and applied the same colors plus Daniel Smith Sap Green at the center

My plan is to paint the butterfly in a more realistic style while leaving the flower in a  free style.  I'll see along the way but that's primarily the reason why I have applied a base coat using lots of water to move the pigments.   This way  forces me to create a more fluid painting which is what I'm trying to do lately.






Comments

Popular Posts