New work in progress
|Step two / Étape deux|
This butterfly has a lot of orange tones in his skin so I started with the forward wing and applied Daniel Smith Indian Yellow, New Gamboge and Q. Sienna.
On the flower I used the wet onto wet technique and applied the same colors plus Daniel Smith Sap Green at the center
My plan is to paint the butterfly in a more realistic style while leaving the flower in a free style. I'll see along the way but that's primarily the reason why I have applied a base coat using lots of water to move the pigments. This way forces me to create a more fluid painting which is what I'm trying to do lately.