Work in progress / en production

Hello everyone (français à la suite)

11'' x 12'' 
I'm glad to report that yesterday was the last XMas market for the soap shop.  Boy!  I'm happy about that.  This old lady is pooped!  Believe me I can tell I'm not 20 anymore.  We had great sales and a wonderful time.  I still have 10 XMas baskets to delivery then vacation for me until January.  The new year should be very exciting.


And now back to the studio where I have 5 different paintings to finish.  I would like to do some summer markets so I need to get going with my production because I have nothing left to sell of even hang! 

Remember this one from way back.  I couldn't get to finish it because I really didn't like the foliage behind the flower.  So last night I decided to get myself together and try something new.  It's not finished I still have a couple of coats to give to the background and a few drops to do but I like my choice of colors.  Just one thing.  Remember when the watercolor teacher says:  ''before using a new color in a painting  try it on a piece of paper''  , well I didn't.  (May I remind you that I teach hahaha..  maybe I should listen to my own words.)  I used Lunar black from Daniel Smith :  wa!  don't do that Christiane.  I now know why they call it Lunar black.  I bet they used it to create the moon....  It's so so granulating.  I will complete with something else that's for sure but I do like the upper left corner.
24'' x 30''
Also being done at the moment is a full sheet I started during a presentation last summer.  Yeap time to finish this one also.  The I will get back to my huge candy painting.  
Hopefully all of you a busy getting ready for the holidays.  I haven't even started and I have company coming over for supper on the 26th.  Tomorrow is house decorating day also.
 _____________________________________





Bonjour tout le monde.  

Je suis ravie de vous informer que hier fût le dernier marché de Noël pour la Savonnerie 

www.lasavonneriechristianefortin.com

 

 Je suis fatiguée et trop vieille pour faire tout cela en même temps hihi.  Nos marchés fût très plaisants.  Nous avons recontré plusieurs de nos clients existants et avons échangé beaucoup de cartes d'affaires avec de nouvelles possibilités.  Qui sait l'impacte sera peut-être très possitive.  Je l'espère. 

Alors maintenant je suis de retour aux pinceaux.  Comme ils me manquent.  Vous vous rappellez surement la rose.  Celà fait un long moment qu'elle est débutée mais je n'aimais pas les feuillages à l'arrière donc sont développement était arrèté.  Hier je me suis décidée de faire quelque chose de différent avec elle.  Alors voilà que la première couche de fond est donnée.  Je suis ravie de mon choix de couleurs mais je doit changer le noir pour un noir qui ne granule pas.

L'autre (les pommes) je l'ai débuté durant un festival de pommes l'été dernier il est grand temps de la compléter.  Ensuite je serai de retour sur ma grande toile de bonbons.  J'aimerais participer à des festivals d'été alors je doit produire je n'ai plus rien.

Au plaisir de se parler

Comments

Jane said…
To my eyes your rose is absolutely stunning ! What a skill ! And congratulations on all your sales...now you do deserve some rest , don't you think so :-) xox
Jane you are always so kind with your comments. Thank you so very much. I must agree with you. Resting time until January that's for sure. But! I'll be painting can I :)

Popular Posts