Mosaic project - Une assiette en mosaique

Biddy biddy
Hello again,  (français plus bas)

Yes already!  hihi...   I'm not sleeping much lately so it's the perfect time to have some fun.  

I started this plate with a design in mind but changed it one the way,  that's the reason the bird is sitting on the bottom where it should not be but,  on well.   hahaha.. !!!!!

While working on this I didn't take the time to think about the design nor did I take special care of cutting the pieces properly I just wanted to have some relaxing moment and it worked. 

I used old buttons I found in my mother's sewing kit that I retrieved when she passed away.  It's acting as wings (supposed to be anyway hihi).  The rest is completed with glass mosaic and little marbles I had in my drawers.  I really enjoy doing mosaic.  I still have a huge horse mirror to finish.   The head is completed and the frame has to be done.  One day at the time right ! 


Bonjour, 

Et oui déjà.  Je ne dors pas beaucoup dernièrement alors j'en profite pour m'amuser un peu.  J'ai débuté cette assiette avec un design en tête mais celui-ci  à changé en cour de route.  C'est la raison pour laquelle l'oiseau est au bas de l'assiette.  Il devrait plutot être au milieu mais bon ce n'est pas grâve.   C'était important pour moi de ne pas stresser avec les morceaux.  Le but était vraiment la relaxation.  

J'ai utilisé des vieux boutons que j'ai trouvé dans le coffre de couture de ma mère. Ce coffre,  je l'ai récupéré lorsqu'elle est décédée.  Le reste est complété avec des billes et des mosaique de verre.  J'adore la mosaique. 

Alors voilà un petit projet avec un petit texte.  Je suis désolée je manque d'inspiration aujourd'hui la fatigue commence à parraître.  Bonne journée !

Comments

Jane said…
Really beautiful Christiane, I love the mosaique technic but wouldn't know where to start . Love this piece and the bird seems perfect where he is :-)
Jane thank you for stopping by. Mosaic is a nice and relaxing fun time for me. Usually I use glass and treat it like a painting. You'll see when my other mirror will be finished. xxxx
Heather said…
Wow - this is incredible. You should be proud of yourself. I've been browsing through images on your website and you are quite the talented artist.

Heather thank you so very much. Only if I new how to promote myself it would help right. I've been in sales all my life but haven't got a clue about art selling. Again thank you.

Popular Posts