Soap shop / Savonnerie

Good day everyone,

Happy Easter!

Although a bit windy, today was a real beautiful day outside.  It's wonderful to hear the birds all over again. 

Today was the opening day of the soap shop for the summer season.  I did a few changes and I wanted to show you.  I love to play around with high contrast.  When I took my interior designer course 12 years ago my teacher used to tell me I was good at doing contrasting design I guess it's true in all I do.  From design to drawing to painting all of my work usually reflect contrast.  This first picture is what people see when they come in.  The place is very small and used to be a house for my goats.  Everything you see in there I did myself.  From walls to shelving to decor and products.  Yep!  I love it all.. 

This second photo is the back space as seen in the first picture.  The colors I used are taken from nature (aren't they all)  Brown, dark honey, lavender and cream white.  

It all started with a watercolor painting I did of this flower.  I used it to create my logo and then inspired my interior colors from it.



It's a bit difficult to show you the interior atmosphere specially when I'm missing the picture of the entrance.  I'll try to take it tomorrow when I open up the place.  

I'm pretty pleased with the result.  Hopefully you like it too. 

I'm now building a internet site for the soap shop.  It's a long process with all the work I have to do around the rest of my world but it should be on line soon at:  www.lasavonneriechristianefortin.com

**********

Bonjour et joyeuse Pâques à tous et toutes,

Nous avions une très belle journée aujourd'hui et vous?   Étant la première journée d'ouverture de la Savonnerie j'ai cru bon vous présenter quelques photos de l'intérieur de la petite boutique qui se trouve ici sur les terres de la fermette.  Cette année encore j'ai joué avec le décor intérieur.  J'aime beaucoup jouer avec les contrastes tout comme dans mes aquarelles.

Lorsque j'était à l'école de design les professeurs me disaient que j'était bonne dans mes choix de couleurs et contrastes.  Déjà 12 ans depuis ce temps.  Ils avaient raison j'adore tous les contrastes et j'aime jouer avec les couleurs.  

Ce projet à débuter en utilisant une de mes aquarelle .  Vous voyez la fleur plus haut, bien je l'ai utilisé pour créer le logo de mon entreprise (Savonnerie)  De la tous les accessoires, la déco, les emballages etc.   C'est aussi en pensant à la nature que j'ai complété l'intérieur de la boutique.  De la couleur lilac au mauve en passant par la couleur miel foncé au blanc cassé.

Le site internet de la savonnerie devrait être en ligne sous peu au :  lasavonneriechristianefortin.com

Comments

Jane said…
Christiane you are such a skilled lady, you did a fantastic job on this shop. Very cosy and I can imagine the perfume of all the soaps in there. I would definitely go and visit if I were around :-)) Have a nice Easter!
Jane thank you very much. I'm pleased with the result so are my clients. A few stopped by this weekend and were very happy to see the shop opened again this year.
Thanks for stopping by Jane. xx
Janet Belich said…
NO end to your talents !
Funny girl Janet xxxx thanks
Irene Guimera said…
Happy Easter, Christiane! Your shop looks very beautiful. You can tell and artist set it up!. I will be very interest to see your online site, too.

Popular Posts