Work in progress - flower

Hello everyone - Bonjour à tous et toutes (texte français en bleu)


I'm sorry for not showing much work lately but my weeks have been very busy.  I've been taking a special course for my job as a truck driver and it's keeping me up studying. 

I use all my spare time for creating products for the Soap Shop getting ready for the summer period plus filling up the warehouse.  Because I will be away driving most of the summer I  must have products done ahead of time.  I'm thinking of hiring a summer student to take care of the boutique this year so everything must be there and ready to go.   All of that doesn't leave me much time for my painting .  I'm way behind in my projects.  Oh one day at the time I guess!

I did manage a couple of hours yesterday so I wanted to share the painting with you.  I do apologize the picture was done with my cell phone.  The quality is poor and dark but you can still see what I'm up too I think.  I've been playing around with Permanent rose, Quinacridone Magenta, Quinacridone Red and a bit of Permanent Alizarin Crimson.  I really don't like the petal on the larger flower you know the one with the striking pink line.  I will see about softening this line just as soon as I finish my blog.    Boy of boy I'm rusted.

 *******

Enfin quelques minutes pour vous écrire.  Je suis tellement occupée en ce moment que m'assoire quelques minutes pour écrire devient en réalité impossible à accomplir mais me voici avec joie de vous revoir.  

Le temps pour peindre est restreint en ce moment.  Je suis occupée à prendre un cours spécial pour mon travail de camionneur et je travail d'arrache pieds pour remplir et combler les espaces vides de la Savonnerie et l'entrepôt en préparation pour la periode d'été.  Vous savez,  je serai absente sur les routes durant la période d'ouverture je doit m'assurer que j'ai suffisamment de produits pour subvenir aux besoins de ma clientèle.  Je songe à prendre une jeune étudiante pour voir au fonctionnement de la boutique lors de mes déplacements.  À voir!  

Alors voici ma peinture.  J'ai réussit à voler quelques minutes pour peindre.  Je me suis amusée avec les roses et le rouge:  Rouge quinacridone, Magenta quinacridone, Rose permanent, et rouge Cramoisie.  Je doit adoucir le pétal de la grosse fleur car la ligne me gène un peu.  J'ai encore beaucoup de travail à y mettre mais comme je suis rouillée... Oh la la !

Comments

martinealison said…
Ma pauvre, vous êtes une femme si occupée et vous avez tant d'énergie, je vous admire... tout comme j'admire ce beau travail que vous venez d'accomplir... Il y a une grande délicatesse dans chacune de vos lignes... L'harmonie des couleurs est fabuleuse et j'apprécie particulièrement le merveilleux contraste avec le fond...
Je vous envoie de gros bisous et prenez soin de vous.
Martine je vous remercie c'est gentil. J'avoue en avoir pleins les bras effectivement. J'ai bien hâte au repos mon petit corps commence à me donner plusieurs signes de détresse. Merci pour les commentaires concernant la toile. Bisous à vous aussi.
Jane said…
Christiane you are really doing so many things, I agree with Martine, your energy level is really high! Love he flower you're painting now , lovely tone of rose and great background. Wish you a nice and relaxing weekend!
Jane I love being busy I'm really not the style to sit around and do nothing but in saying that I can't wait to rest a bit indeed. Thanks for your comments it's appreciated.
Irene Guimera said…
Christiane, I admire you so much as well. When you're so busy with "life" and your other work, it's easy to fall into the trap of not painting at all. (I know this very well!) I'm so happy you're able to continue painting, even a little bit.

I love this painting you're working on. I particularly love your dreamy, soft background which works so well with the gorgeous, vibrant flowers.
Guimera how wonderful to read your message. Thank you, your support helps me to keep going. I think when we have a strong passion it's difficult to stop totally. Painting is like this more me I must paint it's my life I think. Art is very important for me. Sadly I had to stop painting full time to work and money reason but some day I will get back to it full time again. Let's paint my friend

Popular Posts