Today's fun / Le plaisir journalier

Front / Devant
Hello,  Bonjour (le texte français suit)

Finished !  This is number two and will be the last for the moment.  It's time to get back to my watercolor paintings. I totally enjoyed playing around with fabric, paper, ruban and the sewing machine.  My goal was to create some book covers using recycled objects as well as newly colored fabric or paper.  And that I did.  I didn't want to sew properly I wanted the thread to be buckled, broken and showing everywhere.  I did that too.  

As you can see this second cover is filled with warm and cold colors.  I used complimentary colors and a combination of textures.  I love it.  The paper sparkles, the orange flashes and the blue is deep and warm.
I made this cover for my watercolor sketch book.  I did a special place for the brushes and some scrap paper.  I can now go Starbuck with my watercolor book.   

Back / Derrière
 Hope you like it.

Bonjour,  

Terminé !  Ce couvercle de livre est ma deuxième création et elle sera la dernière pour l'instant.  Il est temps de retourner à mes aquarelles.   J'ai vraiment aimé jouer avec les tissus, les rubans le papier et la machine à coudre.  Mon but dans ces deux projets était de créer des recouvrements pour mes livres d'art.  Je voulait utiliser des choses recyclés ainsi que des items se trouvant déjà dans mon atelier.  Tout ca j'ai réussit.    Je désirait aussi créer quelque chose de spontané sans réfléchir.  Je désirait avoir des coutures apparentes des fils mal coupés ou pris ensemble donc un projet complètement libre.

Comme vous remarquerez j'ai utilisé des couleurs complémentaires ainsi que des textures variées.  J'ai peint le paper et le tissus avant le projet en y ajoutant des brillants de toutes sortes.   Maintenant je peut aller prendre un bon café chez Starbuck avec mon livre mes pinceaux et mon aquarelle.   Youppi!

J'espère que mes deux projets vous ont plu!

Inside / Intérieur

Comments

I love your cover AND the sketchbook inside. Have you done the fabric collages to hang on the wall too? They are so beautiful and would be marvelous on the walls in my house. hint hint.
Katherine thanks. What do you mean fabric collages ?
Irene Guimera said…
Just beautiful!

I like to decorate the covers of my sketchbooks with all kinds of collaged things (labels, candy wrappers, stickers, etc.) so they feel like "mine". They're not pretty like yours, though!
Irene thank you for your kind comment. I'm sure they are very beautiful. I'm heading to visit your blog right away.

Popular Posts