HUNGRY FOR APPLES

Hello,

Here's a painting I finished last night.  Do you remember;  this past summer I participated in a apple orchard festival where I had to paint in front of clients.  At that time, I started an apple painting and didn't get to finish it because I forgot about the watercolor no. 1 rule :  Never mix complimentary colors together.  

I started over again and managed to complete it.  I really enjoyed working with apples.  It was a learning experience to mix red and green together.  The reds are really beautiful and clean.  

I used many different reds.  In Winsor Newton; Permanent Alizarin Crimson, Carmine Red.  In Daniel Smith brand;  Quinacridone Red, Permanent Red.  For the darker red I mixed Alizarin with Hooker green.   I worked both wet onto wet and wet onto dry paper.  I did use some masking frisket for the white.  I rarely use it but this time it made life easier.


Xmas is all about the color red.  Try it and enjoy it's lots of fun

Comments

Those are amazing apples! Wow! Thanks for sharing the color combinations too! Merry Christmas!
Hello Katherine how are you? Thank you very much for your comment. I really enjoyed painting them. It's no problem for the color combination. Sharing is so easy and such a beautiful action. You should try the colors you will fall in love with them.

Enjoy and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Popular Posts